Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back from Chicago, and Winded.

I just returned from Chicago, and what a whirlwind week it was. We were there for training.

The “we” are the 14 missionary appointees who were all commissioned in June together, myself included. We come from all parts of this great nation, and we are called to all parts of the globe, and we are all following the same path: We are on a journey to follow the will of God in prayerfully discovering whom He has called to partner with us in our perspective ministries…and they are all just as weird as I am, if not weirder.

Anyhow, it was so much fun to be together again...Late nights. Computer chats when we should be paying attention during discussions and lectures. Cameras and waaaaay to many embarrassing pictures. Objects in Katherine’s nose, and more pictures. Food and beanies. Hilarity ensued.

All in all, I’m feeling relaxed, refreshed, trained…and tired :). So, I’m taking a day off and getting ready for more God-stuff to happen.

…And a support update: 41% of my budget raised and counting!!!

No comments: