Friday, November 28, 2008

Hey, go Figure...


So, I am having an absolute blast with God’s providence…and why are we amazed when God answers prayer? Well, maybe it’s just me.

Background…
In September I was talking with God when I had a random thought, and I talked it over with Him for a moment. My thought was, “Hey, LORD, what if I pray for strategic dates where I have a certain amount of my budget?” (The deal with the budget is that I must have people and churches commit to give a certain amount of money every single month in order for me to live and minister in Nigeria. When I have this full commitment I will be at 100% of my monthly budge, and I can go.) So, I said, “God, I want to be within Your time-table for me to leave to Nigeria. If that means it takes me 5 years to get to 100% of my budget, I’m okay with that. So, within Your will, and because I want to pray big, I’m asking for a certain amount by these dates:
• November 40% of my budget taken care of…
• December 50% of my budget
• January 60% of my budget
• February 70-80% of my budget
• March 31st 100% of my budget…buying my plane ticket, God!
“So, my Father, if it’s Your will, I’d love to meet these deadlines. Amen.”
Thus I prayed, and then promptly put this in the back of my mind. I would not think on these dates and deadlines again until November (good thing I wrote them down, huh).

November…
Fast forward to November 4th. I was talking with my boss over the phone when he told me that I had reached 41% of my budget. I remembered my prayer and list. My Response: “What!?!” Are you serious!?!”

November 21st…
I was talking again to my boss when he again informed me of my budget status…47%.

Astonished…
God is really doing this! My quick and forgotten prayer delivered to my LORD three months ago is coming about. Now I sit in anticipation of 50% on December 1st, 60% on January 1st, and so on, ‘cause you know what, my friends? My God is big enough to do this.


No comments: