Sunday, February 8, 2009

Knee-Deep Snow and 8 Below











I spent the past week and a half investigating life in sub-zero temperatures…I do believe I now know what it feels like to live in a freezer. I and my ubber-thin Arizona blood had great fun at a retreat in Farmington, Minnesota courtesy of Converge Worldwide. In between bouts of counseling (Despite my great concerns they still think I’m fairly sane), and training, I had fun traipsing around in snow up to my knees. I have never beheld so much snow in my life! I even got to walk around in snow-shoes; you know those funny looking shoes that resemble tennis rackets strapped to your feet…? And I only fell three times! If it were not for my hapless and seasoned Minnesota guides, Tim and Amy, I might very well still be stuck in that last hole. Good thing they only laughed for a few minutes before dragging me out.


After the retreat I had the opportunity to spend five days pursuing meetings with churches in the Twin Cities area. I was fairly discouraged at first, I’ll admit, as only one church responded. However, another church who’s Pastor and missions committee I have been blessed to get to know well invited me to spend the weekend with them. As always, what ensued was God’s provision, (You’d think I would just come to expect it). It was this church who found a family for me to stay with, as well as invited me to several events where I had a splendid time getting to know members of the congregation. I watched the Super Bowl at the Pastor’s house. (I was so sure the Cardinals were going to make it!) In the end I had such fun, and I was wonderfully blessed by this giving church family who just poured out a generosity of time and kindness. I thank God for them and their Servant’s heart!
Now I am back in sunny AZ and I am preparing for another trip….
Stay tuned, my friends!

1 comment:

clarklstephens said...

Thank you, Katherine, for your report. I look forward to reading your reports. Clark