Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wish I Had Frequent Flyer Miles

I am currently in Chicago, and much like Minnesota, it is cold. Go figure.
Yet, I am here in the Windy City briefly. On Wednesday, the 18th I flew into Chicago for the express purpose of meeting one of my ministry partners, providing us with the opportunity to get to know each other. On Saturday, the 21st the two of us will fly from Chicago to Frankfort, Germany, and then from Germany to Abuja, Nigeria, (Yes, folks. Get out your globes-that’s on the other side of the world and 8 time-zones away). God willing, I will be on African soil come Monday morning…And then another two days of travel…I shudder to think on it, therefore I’ll tell you about this journey AFTER the fact. I will be in Nigeria for 6 weeks in order to observe and participate in this HIV/AIDS prevention and family care ministry.

My hope is to be able to update this blog at least once a week, if not twice while I am there. Of course these updates are entirely dependent upon internet access and available electricity. We shall have to see.

Well, friends, with luck my next post will be from Gembu, Nigeria. Till then, fare thee well!

2 comments:

Erin and Steve said...

I am so excited for you. I wish you the best of luck. I hope all goes well. I have always wanted to go to some exotic place. I can only imagine your mom is freaking. I hope you have a blast!

Anonymous said...

We will definitely be praying for you and that all goes well while you are there!! I'm suer you are excited to be there!